Consistency in your messaging – it’s something people often overlook, yet is critically important to your overall brand identity and how your customers perceive you. This can only be achieved if everyone in your business understands who you are, and how you want your customers to think about you.
WHO WOULD YOUR BUSINESS BE IF THEY WERE A PERSON?
- How would they talk to you?
- What would they do in their spare time?
- What would their friends say about them?
THINK ABOUT WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS
It might sound strange to think about your business like this, but if you really care about how you communicate with your customers, then you should spend some time getting this right. Your business’ personality will be defined by the way you say things and the impression it makes on those you communicate with.
When you have consistency, you can create far more effective business communications. A good business strategy will incorporate a communications plan, which outlines when and how you will communicate with your customers, and what topics you want to talk to them about.
This is a critical part of building a rapport with your audience. If you deliver regular and consistent communications, they know what to expect from you, they know when they can expect to receive it, and importantly they know what they receive will be good quality and useful to them. The benefit for you is that you develop a reputation as a trusted source of information.
- Style and formatting recommendations – quick reference guide for writing time/date, company names, key industry terms etc.
- Grammar guide – hints and tips for best practice.
- Tone of voice guidelines – how the character of your business comes through in your words.
- Communication strategies – what to communicate, how and when.
- Content and copywriting ideas – the creative part…words that sell the features and benefits of your business.
- Training sessions to embed into your business – the chance for me to come and work with your team.
With my passion for captivating content and innovative communication approaches, I will challenge your thinking to ensure the communications we develop are the most effective for your audience.
If you think your business could benefit from help with communication skills and strategies, please get in touch.
A TOTAL MARKETING SOLUTION
If your business needs to build a stronger marketing presence and stand out from its competitors, talk to me about my partnership with Cinnamon Communications.
Cinnamon Communications offers full service marketing management, including design, branding, events, website management and social media.
We’ll work with you to provide a fresh approach to modern marketing for small and medium businesses. Ask me how.